Partners for a Clean Environment is your one-stop-shop for business sustainability in Boulder County.
Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) provides free expert advisor services, financial incentives and a certification program to help businesses measure and gain recognition for their energy, waste, water, and transportation achievements. PACE Partners are businesses committed to supporting a strong economy, implementing environmentally sustainable practices and demonstrating leadership in our community.
Whether you are a business, a property owner or manager, or a contractor, PACE can help you advance your environmental performance goals. If you are a business, our expert Business Sustainability Advisors support you in using energy and water more efficiently, reducing waste and finding better transportation options for your employees. If you are a property owner or manager, our Advisors assist you in better supporting your tenants and their workspace needs. If you are a contractor, our Advisors work with you to promote more efficient technologies.
Contact a Business Sustainability Advisor at 303-786-7223 or info@PACEpartners.com or get started by answering a few questions about your business and goals.
News & Events
Solar Benefits Round 2
The Boulder County Board of Commissioners has dedicated $100,000 of additional funds that are open to all installers for commercial solar projects to be installed in Boulder County, through our regular Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) rebate process. Funding is for new projects only at $1/W up to $20,000 for projects under 200kW.
- Rebates are available on a first come, first serve basis. These rebates are not available retroactively or for projects already under contract.
- A preliminary bid for eligible equipment and business contact information, must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Once in the reservation queue, the project has 30 days in which to sign a contract in order to hold that position in the queue.
- The project then has 90 days to complete the installation to receive the rebate.
System Eligibility: Appropriately-sized system or unit installed on existing rooftops and parking shade structures; or on the ground within the boundaries of an existing facility.
- North-facing roofs do not allow full utilization of sunlight and do not qualify
- There must be minimal shading by trees, buildings and other structures
- The property must be free from deed restrictions on PV systems
- The roof needs to be able to support a PV system installation
- A list of eligible PV system modules and inverters is available on the California Energy Commission’s website
- All PV systems must carry a five-year warranty from both the manufacturer and the installer, including parts and labor
- Rebuilt, used, refurbished or portable equipment does not qualify
- Solar Installer is responsible for ensuring that system can be interconnected to the grid by the utility. Additional project costs arising from installer error (inaccurate installer site assessment or interconnect documentation) must be resolved by the installer in order to maintain the rebate
Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) rebates
The City of Boulder has contributed $285,000 of the Climate Action Plan (CAP) tax for rebates for City of Boulder businesses. Nearly $200K of this amount is still available to be reserved for any electricity generating renewable technology (PV included) at $1/Watt up to $10,000. City of Boulder business locations only. System Eligibility listed above applies.
New Commercial EnergySmart Custom Efficiency Rebates!
Commercial property owners/managers or businesses located in the city of Boulder can now earn incentives for efficiency upgrades that are not a part of the existing prescriptive rebate program. Custom Efficiency rebates promote the implementation of electric and natural gas saving measures by reducing project costs.
- Building Automation System
- Airside waste heat recovery/reuse
- Chiller Upgrades
- Refrigeration compressor and condenser replacement
- Variable frequency drive installations on fans, pumps, or other variable loads
- Compressed air equipment and system upgrades
- Lighting equipment and controls that extend beyond prescriptive lighting rebate offerings
- Process heat recovery and reuse
- Controls, improvements or operational reconfigurations for industrial processes
- Data center load reduction measures
- Building envelope improvements
What is PACE?
Partners for a Clean Environment provides free expert advisor services, incentives and a certification program to help businesses measure and gain recognition for their successful progress in energy, waste, water and transportation. PACE Partners are businesses committed to supporting a strong economy, implementing environmentally sustainable practices and becoming leaders in our community.
More than 3,743 PACE Partners are making strides to implement sustainable practices into their businesses and Partners for a Clean Environment is proud to recognize the following businesses and organizations for their involvement in the PACE program. Since the program’s inception in 1993, the leadership of these businesses and organizations has supported PACE in developing the full-service sustainability program we offer today. In partnering with PACE, you join a community of businesses that:
- Understand that sustainability and profitability go hand in hand
- Care about their customers
- Pursue more sustainable practices to support the health and environment of our local community